Gram-force conversionsforce conversions » gram-force conversions
The gram-force conversion selector on this page selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from grams-force (gf). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than gram-force, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is gram-force?
The gram-force is a unit of force in the centimetre-gram-second (CGS) gravitational system of units equal to 0.00980665 newtons (1 gf = 0.00980665 N), the SI derived unit of force. It is also equal to 9,806.65 micronewtons (μN), or 9.80665 millinewtons (mN), or 0.000980665 decanewtons (daN) or 9.80665x10-6 kilonewtons (kN), which are units of force in the SI.
(i) The SI is an abbreviation for the International System of Units
(ii) According to the General Conference on Weight and Measures, the standard gravity is 9.80665 m/s2 (or 32.1740 ft/s2)
pond, fors, gram-weight, gram force (plural: grams force)
Gram-force conversions: direct links
A detailed list with conversions from grams-force to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is given below.
- gram-force to centinewton (gf to cN)
- gram-force to decanewton (gf to daN)
- gram-force to dyne (gf to dyn)
- gram-force to kilogram-force (gf to kgf)
- gram-force to kilonewton (gf to kN)
- gram-force to kilopond (gf to kp)
- gram-force to kip (gf to kip)
- gram-force to meganewton (gf to MN)
- gram-force to micronewton (gf to μN)
- gram-force to millinewton (gf to mN)
- gram-force to Newton (gf to N)
- gram-force to ounce-force (gf to ozf)
- gram-force to pound-force (gf to lbf)
- gram-force to poundal (gf to pdl)
- gram-force to sthene (gf to sn)
- gram-force to tonne-force (gf to tnf)