Newton conversionsforce conversions » Newton conversions
The Newton conversion selector above selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from Newtons (N). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than Newton, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is Newton?
The newton is the SI derived unit of force. One newton is equal to 1,000,000 micronewtons (μN), or 1,000 millinewtons (mN), or 100 centinewtons (cN), or 0.1 decanewtons (daN), or 0.001 kilonewtons (kN) or 10-6 meganewtons (MN), which are units of force in the SI.
The newton represents the amount of force needed to accelerate a mass of one kilogram to one meter per second squared (1 N = 1 kg × 1 m/s2).
The SI is an abbreviation for the International System of Units.
Newton conversions: direct links
A detailed list with conversions from Newtons to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is presented below.
- Newton to centinewton (N to cN)
- Newton to decanewton (N to daN)
- Newton to dyne (N to dyn)
- Newton to gram-force (N to gf)
- Newton to kilogram-force (N to kgf)
- Newton to kilonewton (N to kN)
- Newton to kilopond (N to kp)
- Newton to kip (N to kip)
- Newton to meganewton (N to MN)
- Newton to micronewton (N to μN)
- Newton to millinewton (N to mN)
- Newton to ounce-force (N to ozf)
- Newton to pound-force (N to lbf)
- Newton to poundal (N to pdl)
- Newton to sthene (N to sn)
- Newton to tonne-force (N to tnf)