Kip conversionsforce conversions » kip conversions
The kip conversion selector selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from kips (kip). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than kip, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is kip?
The kip is a unit of force equal to 4,448.221615 newtons (1 kip = 4,448.221615 N), the SI derived unit of force. It is also equal to 4,448,221.615 millinewtons (mN), or 444.8221615 decanewtons (daN), or 4.448221615 kilonewtons (kN) or 4.448221615 meganewtons (MN), which are units of force in the SI.
The kip represents the amount of force applied by a mass of 1,000 avoirdupois pounds in a gravitational field (1 kp = 1,000 lb × 9.80665 m/s2).
(i) The SI is an abbreviation for the International System of Units
(ii) According to the General Conference on Weight and Measures, the standard gravity is 9.80665 m/s2 (or 32.1740 ft/s2)
(iii) Occasionally, the kip is used as a unit of mass (1 kip = 1,000 pounds)
kipsAlso known under the name of:
kilopound (plural: kilopounds, abbreviation: kip or klb), kip-force (plural: kips-force, abbreviation: kipf or klbf)
Kip conversions: direct links
A list with conversions from kips to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is displayed below.
- kip to centinewton (kip to cN)
- kip to decanewton (kip to daN)
- kip to dyne (kip to dyn)
- kip to gram-force (kip to gf)
- kip to kilogram-force (kip to kgf)
- kip to kilonewton (kip to kN)
- kip to kilopond (kip to kp)
- kip to meganewton (kip to MN)
- kip to micronewton (kip to μN)
- kip to millinewton (kip to mN)
- kip to Newton (kip to N)
- kip to ounce-force (kip to ozf)
- kip to pound-force (kip to lbf)
- kip to poundal (kip to pdl)
- kip to sthene (kip to sn)
- kip to tonne-force (kip to tnf)