The bar conversion selector on this page selects the pressure/stress measurement unit to convert to starting from bars (bar). To make a conversion starting from a unit of pressure other than bar, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The bar is a non-SI unit of pressure equal to 100,000 pascals (1 bar = 100,000 Pa), the SI derived unit of pressure.
One bar (bar) is also equal to 100 kilopascals (kPa), or 0.1 megapascals (MPa), or 0.986923267 atmospheres (atm), or 1,000 millibars (mbar), or 750.06168 millimeters of mercury at 0 °C (mmHg), or 401.463 inches of water at 4 °C (inH2O), or 14.50379 pounds per square inch (psi), or 2,088.54343 pounds per square foot (psf) or 750.06168 torr (Torr).
The bar is equal to 1,000,000 dynes per square centimeter (1 bar = 1,000,000 dyn/cm2). The dyne (dyn) is a unit of force in the centimetre-gram-second (CGS) system of units while the square centimeter (cm2) is a unit of area in the SI.
The bar is used worldwide as a unit of pressure in meteorology, engineering and automotive field.
Bar conversions: a detailed list with conversions from bars to other (metric, imperial, or customary) pressure and stress measurement units is shown below.
- bar to atmosphere (standard) (bar to atm)
- bar to atmosphere (technical) (bar to at)
- bar to barye (bar to Ba)
- bar to centibar (bar to cbar)
- bar to centimeter of mercury (bar to cmHg)
- bar to centimeter of water (bar to cmH2O)
- bar to decibar (bar to dbar)
- bar to dyne per square centimeter (bar to dyn/cm²)
- bar to gigabar (bar to Gbar)
- bar to gigapascal (bar to GPa)
- bar to hectopascal (bar to hPa)
- bar to inch of mercury (bar to inHg)
- bar to inch of water (bar to inH2O)
- bar to kilobar (bar to kbar)
- bar to kilogram-force per square centimeter (bar to kgf/cm²)
- bar to kilogram-force per square millimeter (bar to kgf/mm²)
- bar to kilopascal (bar to kPa)
- bar to kip per square inch (bar to ksi)
- bar to megabar (bar to Mbar)
- bar to megapascal (bar to MPa)
- bar to millibar (bar to mbar)
- bar to millimeter of mercury (bar to mmHg)
- bar to millimeter of water (bar to mmH2O)
- bar to millipascal (bar to mPa)
- bar to newton per square meter (bar to N/m²)
- bar to newton per square millimeter (bar to N/mm²)
- bar to pascal (bar to Pa)
- bar to pieze (bar to pz)
- bar to pound per square foot (bar to psf)
- bar to pound per square inch (bar to psi)
- bar to torr (bar to Torr)