Torr conversionspressure conversions » torr conversions
The torr conversion selector here selects the pressure/stress measurement unit to convert to starting from torr (Torr). To make a conversion starting from a unit of pressure other than torr, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is torr?
The torr is a non-SI unit of pressure equal to 133.3224 pascals (1 Torr = 133.3224 Pa), the SI derived unit of pressure. It is also equal to 1.333224 hectopascals (hPa), or 0.1333224 kilopascals (kPa), or about 0.00131578947 atmospheres (atm), or 0.00133322368 bars (bar), or 1.0 millimeter of mercury at 0 °C (mmHg), or 0.53524 inches of water at 4 °C (inH2O), or 0.0193368 pounds per square inch (psi) or 2.78449556 pounds per square foot (psf).
The torr unit is named after the Italian physicist and mathematician Evangelista Torricelli who lived between 1608 and 1647. The torr is used in engineering and physics.
The SI is an abbreviation for the International System of Units.
Torr conversions: direct links
A list with conversions from torr to other (metric, imperial, or customary) pressure and stress measurement units is presented below.
- torr to atmosphere (standard) (Torr to atm)
- torr to atmosphere (technical) (Torr to at)
- torr to bar (Torr to bar)
- torr to barye (Torr to Ba)
- torr to centibar (Torr to cbar)
- torr to centimeter of mercury (Torr to cmHg)
- torr to centimeter of water (Torr to cmH2O)
- torr to decibar (Torr to dbar)
- torr to dyne per square centimeter (Torr to dyn/cm²)
- torr to gigabar (Torr to Gbar)
- torr to gigapascal (Torr to GPa)
- torr to hectopascal (Torr to hPa)
- torr to inch of mercury (Torr to inHg)
- torr to inch of water (Torr to inH2O)
- torr to kilobar (Torr to kbar)
- torr to kilogram-force per square centimeter (Torr to kgf/cm²)
- torr to kilogram-force per square millimeter (Torr to kgf/mm²)
- torr to kilopascal (Torr to kPa)
- torr to kip per square inch (Torr to ksi)
- torr to megabar (Torr to Mbar)
- torr to megapascal (Torr to MPa)
- torr to millibar (Torr to mbar)
- torr to millimeter of mercury (Torr to mmHg)
- torr to millimeter of water (Torr to mmH2O)
- torr to millipascal (Torr to mPa)
- torr to newton per square meter (Torr to N/m²)
- torr to newton per square millimeter (Torr to N/mm²)
- torr to pascal (Torr to Pa)
- torr to pieze (Torr to pz)
- torr to pound per square foot (Torr to psf)
- torr to pound per square inch (Torr to psi)