Century conversionstime conversions » century conversions
The online converter calculator on this page allows you to select the time measurement unit you want to convert to starting from centuries. To make a conversion starting from a unit of time other than century, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is century?
The century is a unit of time equal to 100 consecutive years.
One lustrum is equal to 0.05 centuries.
One decade is equal to 0.1 centuries.
One millennium is equal to 10 centuries.
According to the Gregorian calendar, the internationally accepted civil calendar, the n-th century starts on the year (100 × n)-99 and ends in 100 × n. For example,
- The 1st century started on January 1, 1 and ended on December 31, 100
- The 2nd century, started on January 1, 101 and ended on December 31, 200
- The 19th century, started on January 1, 1801 and ended on December 31, 1900
According to the astronomical year numbering (that includes a year zero),
- The 1st century started on January 1, 0 and ended on December 31, 99
- The 2nd century, started on January 1, 100 and ended on December 31, 199
- The 21th century, started on January 1, 2000 and it will end on December 31, 2099
Below you can find a comprehensive list with conversions from centuries to other (metric, imperial, or customary) time measurement units.