Hour conversionstime conversions » hour conversions
The hour conversion selector above selects the time measurement unit to convert to starting from hours (h). To make a conversion starting from a unit of time other than hour, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is hour?
The hour is a unit of time equal to 3,600 seconds (1 h = 3,600 s), the base unit of time in the International System of Units (SI). At irregular intervals, the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time scale is adjusted with leap seconds in order to keep the UTC time scale close to mean solar time. On these occasions, one hour has 3,599 or 3,601seconds.
- One hour is equal to 60 minutes
- A half of an hour (half-hour) is equal to 30 minutes
- A quarter of an hour (quarter-hour) is equal to 15 minutes
The hours are commonly used throughout the world for timekeeping. Times of this magnitude (i.e., on the hour time scale) can be measured by using a clock.Symbol:
hoursAlso known as:
Hour conversions: quick links
A detailed list with conversions from hours to other (metric, imperial, or customary) time measurement units is shown below.
- hour to attosecond (h to as)
- hour to century
- hour to day (h to d)
- hour to decade
- hour to femtosecond (h to fs)
- hour to leap year (366 days) (h to leap y)
- hour to lustrum
- hour to microsecond (h to μs)
- hour to millennium
- hour to millisecond (h to ms)
- hour to minute (h to min)
- hour to month (30 days) (h to mo)
- hour to month (31 days) (h to mo)
- hour to nanosecond (h to ns)
- hour to picosecond (h to ps)
- hour to second (h to s)
- hour to week
- hour to year (365 days) (h to y)