Nanosecond conversionstime conversions » nanosecond conversions
The nanosecond conversion selector on this page selects the time measurement unit to convert to starting from nanoseconds (ns). To make a conversion starting from a unit of time other than nanosecond, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is nanosecond?
The nanosecond is a unit of time in the metric system equal to one billionth of a second (1 ns = 10-9 s), the base unit of time in the International System of Units (SI). One nanosecond is also equal to 109 attoseconds (as), or 1,000 picoseconds (ps), or 0.001 microseconds (μs) or 10-6 milliseconds (ms), which are SI units of time.
Times of this magnitude (i.e., on the nanosecond time scale) are commonly used in telecommunications, pulsed lasers, and electronics.Symbol:
Nanosecond conversions: quick links
A compehensive list with conversions from nanoseconds to other (metric, imperial, or customary) time measurement units is presented below.
- nanosecond to attosecond (ns to as)
- nanosecond to century
- nanosecond to day (ns to d)
- nanosecond to decade
- nanosecond to femtosecond (ns to fs)
- nanosecond to hour (ns to h)
- nanosecond to leap year (366 days) (ns to leap y)
- nanosecond to lustrum
- nanosecond to microsecond (ns to μs)
- nanosecond to millennium
- nanosecond to millisecond (ns to ms)
- nanosecond to minute (ns to min)
- nanosecond to month (30 days) (ns to mo)
- nanosecond to month (31 days) (ns to mo)
- nanosecond to picosecond (ns to ps)
- nanosecond to second (ns to s)
- nanosecond to week
- nanosecond to year (365 days) (ns to y)