The second conversion selector here selects the time measurement unit to convert to starting from seconds (s). To make a conversion starting from a unit of time other than second, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The second is the base unit of time in the International System of Units (SI).
One second (s) is equal to 109 nanoseconds (ns), or 106 microseconds (μs) or 103 milliseconds (ms), which are SI units of time. 1 second is also equal to 1/60 minutes (min), or 1/3,600 hours (h) or 1/86,400 days (d), which are non-SI units of time but accepted for use along with other SI units.
The seconds are commonly used throughout the world for timekeeping. Times of this magnitude (i.e., on the second time scale) can be measured by using a clock.
Subdivisions and multiples of the second using SI prefixes
|Subdivisions of the second|
|Multiples of the second|
Second conversions: a list with conversions from seconds to other (metric, imperial, or customary) time measurement units is displayed below.
- second to attosecond (s to as)
- second to century
- second to day (s to d)
- second to decade
- second to femtosecond (s to fs)
- second to hour (s to h)
- second to leap year (366 days) (s to leap y)
- second to lustrum
- second to microsecond (s to μs)
- second to millennium
- second to millisecond (s to ms)
- second to minute (s to min)
- second to month (30 days) (s to mo)
- second to month (31 days) (s to mo)
- second to nanosecond (s to ns)
- second to picosecond (s to ps)
- second to week
- second to year (365 days) (s to y)