Tablespoon (Australia) conversions
The tablespoon (Australia) conversion selector on this page selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from tablespoons (Australia) (tbsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than tablespoon (Australia), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About tablespoon (Australia)
The tablespoon (Australia), or Australian tablespoon, is a unit of volume equal to 2 × 10-5 cubic meters (1 Australian tbsp = 2 × 10-5 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The Australian tablespoon (tbsp) is also equal to 20,000 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 20 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.02 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 20,000 microliters (μL), or 20 milliliters (mL), or 0.2 deciliters (dL) or 0.02 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The tablespoon definition varies as follows:
- The Imperial tablespoon or tablespoon (UK), equal to 0.01776 cubic decimeters
- The US customary tablespoon or tablespoon (US), equal to 0.01479 cubic decimeters
- The Australian tablespoon or tablespoon (Australia), equal to 0.02 cubic decimeters
- The Canadian tablespoon or tablespoon (Canada), equal to 0.0142 cubic decimeters
- The metric tablespoon or tablespoon (metric), equal to 0.015 cubic decimeters
- The tablespoon (FDA), equal to 0.015 cubic decimeters
The tablespoon is used as a unit of volume in cooking recipes.
Plural: tablespoons (Australia)
Also called: tablespoonful, tablespoon (Australia) (plural: tablespoons (Australia))