Tablespoon (metric) conversionsvolume conversions » tablespoon (metric) conversions
The online converter calculator on this page allows you to select the volume measurement unit you want to convert to starting from tablespoons (metric). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than tablespoon (metric), simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is tablespoon (metric)?
The metric tablespoon is a unit of volume equal to 1.5x10-5 cubic meters (1 metric tbsp = 1.5x10-5 m³), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI). It is also equal to 15,000 cubic millimeters (mm³), or 15 cubic centimeters (cm³) or 0.015 cubic decimeters (dm³) (units of volume in the SI), or 15,000 microliters (μL), or 15 milliliters (mL), or 0.15 deciliters (dL) or 0.015 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The tablespoon definition varies as follows:
- The Imperial tablespoon or tablespoon (UK), equal to 17.76 milliliters (mL) or 17.76 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The US customary tablespoon or tablespoon (US), equal to 14.79 milliliters (mL) or 14.79 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The Australian tablespoon or tablespoon (Australia), equal to 20 milliliters (mL) or 20 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The Canadian tablespoon or tablespoon (Canada), equal to 14.2 milliliters (mL) or 14.2 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The metric tablespoon or tablespoon (metric), equal to 15 milliliters (mL) or 15 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The tablespoon (FDA), equal to 15 milliliters (mL) or 15 cubic centimeters (cm³)
FDA is an abbreviation for "Food and Drug Administration".
The tablespoon is used as a unit of volume in cooking recipes.
Also known as:
tablespoon (plural: tablespoons)
Below you can find a comprehensive list with conversions from tablespoons (metric) to other (metric, imperial, or customary) volume measurement units.