Acre (US survey) conversionsarea conversions » acre (US survey) conversions
The online converter calculator on this page allows you to select the area/surface measurement unit you want to convert to starting from acres (US survey) (ac). To make a conversion starting from a unit of area other than acre (US survey), simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is acre (US survey)?
The US survey acre is a unit of area in the US customary system of units equal to 4,046.87261 square meters (1 ac = 4,046.87261 m2), the standard derived unit of area in the International System of Units (SI). It is also equal to 40.4687261 ares (a) or 0.404687261 hectares (ha) (units of area in the metric system), or 0.00404687261 square kilometers (km2) (a unit of area in the SI), or 43,560.1742 square feet (sq ft), or 4,840.01936 square yards (sq yd) or 0.00156250625 square miles (sq mi), which are Imperial / US customary units of area.
The acre definition varies depending on the system of units used, as follows:
- The international acre (or simply "acre"), equal to 4,046.8564224 square meters (m2) or 0.40468564224 hectares (ha)
- The US survey acre, equal to 4,046.87261 square meters (m2) or 0.404687261 hectares (ha)
- The Irish acre, equal to 6,555.2385 square meters (m2) or 0.65552385 hectares (ha)
- The Cheshire acre, equal to 8,561.94417 square meters (m2) or 0.856194417 hectares (ha)
- The Roman acre, equal to 1,260 square meters (m2) or 0.126 hectares (ha)
Nowadays, the most commonly used acres for measuring areas of land are the international acre and the US survey acre.
acres (US survey)
Below you can find a comprehensive list with conversions from acres (US survey) to other (metric, imperial, or customary) area and surface measurement units.