The dyne conversion selector selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from dynes (dyn). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than dyne, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The dyne is a unit of force in the centimetre-gram-second (CGS) system of units equal to 10-5 newtons (1 dyn = 10-5 N), the SI derived unit of force.
The dyne (dyn) is also equal to 10 micronewtons (μN), or 0.01 millinewtons (mN), or 0.001 centinewtons (cN), or 10-6 decanewtons (daN) or 10-8 kilonewtons (kN), which are units of force in the SI.
The dyne represents the amount of force needed to accelerate a mass of one gram to one centimeter per second squared:
1 dyn = 1 g × 1 cm/s2
Dyne conversions: a detailed list with conversions from dynes to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is displayed below.
- dyne to centinewton (dyn to cN)
- dyne to decanewton (dyn to daN)
- dyne to gram-force (dyn to gf)
- dyne to kilogram-force (dyn to kgf)
- dyne to kilonewton (dyn to kN)
- dyne to kilopond (dyn to kp)
- dyne to kip (dyn to kip)
- dyne to meganewton (dyn to MN)
- dyne to micronewton (dyn to μN)
- dyne to millinewton (dyn to mN)
- dyne to Newton (dyn to N)
- dyne to ounce-force (dyn to ozf)
- dyne to pound-force (dyn to lbf)
- dyne to poundal (dyn to pdl)
- dyne to sthene (dyn to sn)
- dyne to tonne-force (dyn to tnf)