The poundal conversion selector here selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from poundals (pdl). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than poundal, simply click on the "Reset" button.
The poundal is a unit of force in the foot-pound-second system of units equal to 0.138254954 newtons (1 pdl = 0.138254954 N), the SI derived unit of force.
The poundal (pdl) is also equal to 138,254.954 micronewtons (μN), or 138.254954 millinewtons (mN), 13.8254954 centinewtons (cN), or 0.0138254954 decanewtons (daN) or 1.38254954 × 10-4 kilonewtons (kN), which are units of force in the SI.
The poundal represents the amount of force needed to accelerate a mass of one pound to one foot per second squared:
1 pdl = 1 lb × ft/s2
Poundal conversions: a list with conversions from poundals to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is given below.
- poundal to centinewton (pdl to cN)
- poundal to decanewton (pdl to daN)
- poundal to dyne (pdl to dyn)
- poundal to gram-force (pdl to gf)
- poundal to kilogram-force (pdl to kgf)
- poundal to kilonewton (pdl to kN)
- poundal to kilopond (pdl to kp)
- poundal to kip (pdl to kip)
- poundal to meganewton (pdl to MN)
- poundal to micronewton (pdl to μN)
- poundal to millinewton (pdl to mN)
- poundal to Newton (pdl to N)
- poundal to ounce-force (pdl to ozf)
- poundal to pound-force (pdl to lbf)
- poundal to sthene (pdl to sn)
- poundal to tonne-force (pdl to tnf)