Poundal conversionsforce conversions » poundal conversions
The poundal conversion selector on this page selects the force measurement unit to convert to starting from poundals (pdl). To make a conversion starting from a unit of force other than poundal, simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is poundal?
The poundal is a unit of force in the foot-pound-second system of units equal to 0.138254954 newtons (1 pdl = 0.138254954 N), the SI derived unit of force. It is also equal to 138,254.954 micronewtons (μN), or 138.254954 millinewtons (mN), 13.8254954 centinewtons (cN), or 0.0138254954 decanewtons (daN) or 1.38254954x10-4 kilonewtons (kN), which are units of force in the SI.
The poundal represents the amount of force needed to accelerate a mass of one pound to one foot per second squared (1 pdl = 1 lb × ft/s2).
The SI is an abbreviation for the International System of Units.
Poundal conversions: links
A detailed list with conversions from poundals to other (metric, imperial, or customary) force measurement units is presented below.
- poundal to centinewton (pdl to cN)
- poundal to decanewton (pdl to daN)
- poundal to dyne (pdl to dyn)
- poundal to gram-force (pdl to gf)
- poundal to kilogram-force (pdl to kgf)
- poundal to kilonewton (pdl to kN)
- poundal to kilopond (pdl to kp)
- poundal to kip (pdl to kip)
- poundal to meganewton (pdl to MN)
- poundal to micronewton (pdl to μN)
- poundal to millinewton (pdl to mN)
- poundal to Newton (pdl to N)
- poundal to ounce-force (pdl to ozf)
- poundal to pound-force (pdl to lbf)
- poundal to sthene (pdl to sn)
- poundal to tonne-force (pdl to tnf)