Cup (US) conversions
The cup (US) conversion selector on this page selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from cups (US). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than cup (US), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About cup (US)
The cup (US) is a unit of volume in the US customary system of units equal to 2.365882365 × 10-4 cubic meters (1 cup (US) = 2.365882365 × 10-4 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The cup (US) is also equal to 236,588.236 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 236.588236 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.236588236 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 236.588237 milliliters (mL), or 23.6588236 centiliters (cL), or 2.36588237 deciliters (dL) or 0.236588236 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The cup definition varies as follows:
- The cup (UK), equal to 2.841 deciliters or 284.1 cubic centimeters
- The cup (US), equal to 2.3659 deciliters or 236.59 cubic centimeters
- The cup (metric), equal to 2.5 deciliters or 250 cubic centimeters
- The cup (Canada), equal to 2.273 deciliters or 227.3 cubic centimeters
- The cup (Japan), equal to 2.0 deciliters or 200 cubic centimeters
- The cup (FDA), equal to 2.4 deciliters or 240 cubic centimeters
Plural: cups (US)
Also called: US customary cup (plural: US customary cups)