Tablespoon (UK) conversions
The tablespoon (UK) conversion selector here selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from tablespoons (UK) (tbsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than tablespoon (UK), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About tablespoon (UK)
The tablespoon (UK), or Imperial tablespoon, is a unit of volume in the Imperial system of units equal to 1.77581640625 × 10-5 cubic meters (1 imp tbsp = 1.77581640625 × 10-5 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The Imperial tablespoon (tbsp) is also equal to 17,758.1640625 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 17.7581640625 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.0177581640625 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 17,758.1640625 microliters (μL), or 17.7581640625 milliliters (mL), or 0.177581640625 deciliters (dL) or 0.0177581640625 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The tablespoon definition varies as follows:
- The Imperial tablespoon or tablespoon (UK), equal to 1.776 centiliters
- The US customary tablespoon or tablespoon (US), equal to 1.479 centiliters
- The Australian tablespoon or tablespoon (Australia), equal to 2.0 centiliters
- The Canadian tablespoon or tablespoon (Canada), equal to 1.42 centiliters
- The metric tablespoon or tablespoon (metric), equal to 1.5 centiliters
- The tablespoon (FDA), equal to 1.5 centiliters
Plural: tablespoons (UK)
Also called: tablespoonful, tablespoon (UK) (plural: tablespoons (UK))