Tablespoon (US) conversions
The tablespoon (US) conversion selector selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from tablespoons (US) (tbsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than tablespoon (US), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About tablespoon (US)
The tablespoon (US), or US customary tablespoon, is a unit of volume in the US customary system of units equal to 1.47867647825 × 10-5 cubic meters (1 US tbsp = 1.47867647825 × 10-5 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The US customary tablespoon (tbsp) is also equal to 14,786.7647825 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 14.7867647825 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.0147867647825 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 14,786.7647825 microliters (μL), or 14.7867647825 milliliters (mL), or 0.147867647825 deciliters (dL) or 0.0147867647825 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The tablespoon definition varies as follows:
- The Imperial tablespoon or tablespoon (UK), equal to 17.76 milliliters
- The US customary tablespoon or tablespoon (US), equal to 14.79 milliliters
- The Australian tablespoon or tablespoon (Australia), equal to 20 milliliters
- The Canadian tablespoon or tablespoon (Canada), equal to 14.2 milliliters
- The metric tablespoon or tablespoon (metric), equal to 15 milliliters
- The tablespoon (FDA), equal to 15 milliliters
Plural: tablespoons (US)
Also called: tablespoonful, tablespoon (US) (plural: tablespoons (US))