Teaspoon (US) conversionsvolume conversions » teaspoon (US) conversions
The online converter calculator on this page allows you to select the volume measurement unit you want to convert to starting from teaspoons (US) (tsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than teaspoon (US), simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is teaspoon (US)?
The US customary teaspoon is a unit of volume in the US customary system of units equal to 4.928921595x10-6 cubic meters (1 US tsp = 4.928921595x10-6 m³), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI). It is also equal to 4,928.921595 cubic millimeters (mm³), or 4.928921595 cubic centimeters (cm³) or 0.004928921595 cubic decimeters (dm³) (units of volume in the SI), or 4,928.921595 microliters (μL), or 4.928921595 milliliters (mL), or 0.04928921595 deciliters (dL) or 0.004928921595 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The teaspoon definition varies as follows:
- The Canadian teaspoon or teaspoon (Canada), equal to 4.73 milliliters (mL) or 4.73 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The Imperial teaspoon or teaspoon (UK), equal to 5.92 milliliters (mL) or 5.92 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The metric teaspoon or teaspoon (metric), equal to 5 milliliters (mL) or 5 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The US customary teaspoon or teaspoon (US), equal to 4.93 milliliters (mL) or 4.93 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The teaspoon (FDA), equal to 5 milliliters (mL) or 5 cubic centimeters (cm³)
FDA is an abbreviation for "Food and Drug Administration".
Also known as:
teaspoon full, teaspoon (US) (plural: teaspoons (US))
Below you can find a comprehensive list with conversions from teaspoons (US) to other (metric, imperial, or customary) volume measurement units.