Teaspoon (FDA) conversionsvolume conversions » teaspoon (FDA) conversions
The online converter calculator on this page allows you to select the volume measurement unit you want to convert to starting from teaspoons (FDA) (tsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than teaspoon (FDA), simply click on the "Reset" button.
What is teaspoon (FDA)?
The teaspoon (FDA) is a unit of volume equal to 5x10-6 cubic meters (1 tsp (FDA) = 5x10-6 m³), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI). It is also equal to 5,000 cubic millimeters (mm³), or 5.0 cubic centimeters (cm³) or 0.005 cubic decimeters (dm³) (units of volume in the SI), or 5,000 microliters (μL), or 5.0 milliliters (mL), or 0.05 deciliters (dL) or 0.005 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The teaspoon definition varies as follows:
- The Canadian teaspoon or teaspoon (Canada), equal to 4.73 milliliters (mL) or 4.73 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The Imperial teaspoon or teaspoon (UK), equal to 5.92 milliliters (mL) or 5.92 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The metric teaspoon or teaspoon (metric), equal to 5 milliliters (mL) or 5 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The US customary teaspoon or teaspoon (US), equal to 4.93 milliliters (mL) or 4.93 cubic centimeters (cm³)
- The teaspoon (FDA), equal to 5 milliliters (mL) or 5 cubic centimeters (cm³)
FDA is an abbreviation for "Food and Drug Administration".
The teaspoon (FDA) is used in the United States for nutritional labeling purposes.
Also known as:
Below you can find a comprehensive list with conversions from teaspoons (FDA) to other (metric, imperial, or customary) volume measurement units.