Teaspoon (FDA) conversions
The teaspoon (FDA) conversion selector selects the volume measurement unit to convert to starting from teaspoons (FDA) (tsp). To make a conversion starting from a unit of volume other than teaspoon (FDA), simply click on the "Reset" button.
About teaspoon (FDA)
The teaspoon (FDA) is a unit of volume equal to 5 × 10-6 cubic meters (1 tsp (FDA) = 5 × 10-6 m3), the derived unit of volume in the International System of Units (SI).
The teaspoon (FDA) is also equal to 5,000 cubic millimeters (mm3), or 5.0 cubic centimeters (cm3) or 0.005 cubic decimeters (dm3) (units of volume in the SI), or 5,000 microliters (μL), or 5.0 milliliters (mL), or 0.05 deciliters (dL) or 0.005 liters (L), which are units of volume in the metric system.
The teaspoon definition varies as follows:
- The Canadian teaspoon or teaspoon (Canada), equal to 0.00473 liters
- The Imperial teaspoon or teaspoon (UK), equal to 0.00592 liters
- The metric teaspoon or teaspoon (metric), equal to 0.005 liters
- The US customary teaspoon or teaspoon (US), equal to 0.00493 liters
- The teaspoon (FDA), equal to 0.005 liters
The teaspoon (FDA) is used in the United States for nutritional labeling purposes.
FDA is an abbreviation for "Food and Drug Administration".
Plural: teaspoons (FDA)
Also known as: teaspoon full